Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Leaving the City of Lights - Reflections

We're leaving on a jet plane, don't know when we'll be back again, oh babe we hate to go.
But the taxi's waitin', he's blowin' his horn......

wish he was, he's LATE! After several attempts at trying to call, I decide that I'm not sure if I'm calling the correct number, quickly run into the La Poilâne ...for the last time. The girls all try to help, a couple of petits pains au chocolat should help. This solution works as the driver arrives all apologetic due to being caught in traffic etc. etc. We're off to CDG airport in the early morning. Just as well we're whizzing along, it's all too sad to leave.

No more carpeted steps to climb, no more emerging onto the street in the morning to join the Parisian crowd busily bustling on their way. No more 'Inspector Clouseau' bleating of emergency sirens which always bring a smile and a memory of Peter Sellers. I'm back in 1963 in my mind spending the summer laughing about "muuths".

Goodbye to magnificent architecture, fabulous museums, wonderful food, excellent adventure. Goodbye to 6 Rue du Cherche-Midi. Goodbye to St-Germain-des-Prés in the "6th.' That's why it's so much easier to say goodbye in French. Au REvoir means .............until we meet again.

I'll leave you with a few reflections of my Paris.

2 comments:

  1. Leslie,

    I feel like I have just spent a few minutes with you on the streets of Paris.... one city that I have yet to experience.

    I particularly like the doors.

    Thanks,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie
    The Grand Tour is a delight to view and informative in the personal details and sensations that you experience. I look forward to checking in regularly.

    tante D

    ReplyDelete