Thursday, April 17, 2008

John Adams



When we were in Hawaii, Dana, LJM(2) and I got watching the 7-part, t.v. mini-series John Adams. We had it taped on HBO and in Canada you can access the series on TMN or tune in Sunday evenings...the last two episodes are coming up.

At the time there were only 3 episodes available, so we just watched them over and over! I was so disappointed that I couldn't get it for two more Sunday's while I was away. It's really that good. Now that I'm home and dealing with jet lag and irregular sleep patterns, I can watch it all over again, and have finally convinced Laurence to watch. He's hooked. You can't stop at just one episode...even if you do know the eventual outcome:) So if you love good historical biographies, Paul Giamatti, Laura Linney and in the one I sneaked a peek at Sarah Polley......find this.

If you can't find the movie, read the Pulitzer prize-winning book, David McCullough's "John Adams". Also of interest is a book of letters that John and his wife Abigail wrote to each other, I'm on the trail of this one as well.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great. I will have to try to tune in to some of them. I am still getting ready for vacation. Can't believe it is so close.

    ReplyDelete