Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Membership has it's rewards


Truth be known, I HATE exercising.

I do it, because I know it's good for me....bone building, pressure lowering, balance etc. etc., but this doesn't make it any more attractive for me. I figure everyone has to be motivated by something to exercise. Health, vanity, endorphins, take your pick, my motivation is coffee. You see, after each daily slog at the gym, the "gym people" gather at Tim's and solve all the problems of the world. I have been away for a long, long time and I hadn't realized how much I miss this part of daily routine. For those of us who are "home alone" most of the day, this may be the only time we get to meet face to face with others. Okay, okay, those of you that are out in the world doing your honourable deeds may wish you saw less and less of those faces, I'm just saying.

Upon my return to the gym today, I was delighted that my "spot" was still there. Some new interloper, unaware of the the gym culture that exists, had not put their step down in my sacred area. It was a bit like the theme song from the old sit-com
Cheers

Thanks guys! It's great to be back and even though it's a coffee shop and not a bar, the sentiments are the same. Everybody knows your name! Cheers to all of you who have been faithfully following me around the world on my blog, and made it such a nice homecoming. I'll see you tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. My leg hurts just looking at that diagram but I agree that coffee is the best part of exercising. Thanks for the coffee and convo today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great following you on your travels but it is wonderful having you back. We really missed you while you were gone. Exercising is more fun with you back in your spot and having you back with us at Tim's is terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's baaaaack. Oh dear now the exercise. Talk soon, Dana

    ReplyDelete