Sunday, June 8, 2008

Button Necklace

Recently at the sewing convention, Irene spotted this lovely lady wearing a button necklace. Click on the image to see the necklace in it's full glory. I love it!

She and I were attracted to each other primarily because of our rhinestone eyeglasses, and white hair, but she was the sweetest person. She allowed me to take a picture of her creation that she had made and told me it is crocheted with a very small hook that can go through the holes in the buttons.

I want to make this. Does anyone know how? I did go on line and found one out of print instruction book with some directions, but wonder if anyone has ever done this?

Thank you sweet smiling stranger.

3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous necklace! I think I have a collection of buttons of my mother's that would allow me to make quite a fancy multi-coloured one. In fact, I believe that there is a button in her old "button box" which very closely resembles the large flower-shaped one at the very middle of the lady's creation. I will let you know if I learn of any instructions for making this conversation piece.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is fabulous, and I'm sure I have enough buttons to do several necklaces. I'll keep looking for instructions somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW I always look for ways to use up all the buttons I have. I have used some while card making but this necklace would use up alot. Let me know if you come up with a pattern. I will look also

    ReplyDelete