Friday, August 29, 2008

Sam Toft and The Mustards


I remember one day, finding a greeting card at 'Loomis and Toles' by the artist Sam Toft. I was completely enchanted by the whimsy of her subjects and the simplicity of her designs. Nothing is ever as easy as it looks, but her work always makes me smile. Recently, Ikea has picked up her line of art work and puts out a variety of prints which I have on the wall in my "office" area. Click on the link below to read the charming story about the Mustards and menagerie.

Meet the Mustards
"Ernest Hemmingway Mustard lives on the Brighton/Hove border with his dear lady wife Violet and Doris, their rather grumpy, portly, Jack Russell."

I get a newsletter from "Sam" and lately she has been putting some of her techniques on YouTube.
Sam Toft

Other videos to look for on YouTube...."How to Draw a Mustard", "Who is Phyllis?", "Watching Paint Dry"....if you are interested in an artists perspective



I keep looking at Ernest and his relationship to Doris the dog. Still thinking about getting a dog...........

No comments:

Post a Comment