Friday, September 19, 2008

Knitting Sources


Last week I was searching all over for some special wool. I thought I had to comb the streets of the Big Smoke to come up with my exotic fibres.

Much to my delight, I found a fabulous knitting shop in my own backyard. In Port Credit you can find Linda's Craftiqueat 275 Lakeshore Rd. East, Mississauga (A couple of blocks east of HWY 10 and Lakeshore).

This is a real find, let me tell you. Linda, who you see pictured, is not only the fastest knitter on the planet, but she really knows her yarn!!! She loves natural fibres and stocks an amazing array of inventory. If you ever need any knitting supplies...she's got it - or can make an educated substitution which is sure to please.

I'm into supporting local shops and they are becoming few and far between. I purchased my supplies in Chautauqua this summer and after phoning dozens of shops could NOT find the wool I wanted. Linda not only had the wool, but a sample of the shawl I knit in her window. Great find.

1 comment: