Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Knitting


Knitty.com

I've gotten back into knitting this summer. It's one of those things you can do with your hands when you are as nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs. This activity starts at Chautauqua each year where there are many inspiring ideas by equally wonderful knitters. I have handed in my "Peace Shawl" and it is on it's way to some war torn country, where women have so little.

I am currently working on a shawl while watching the US OPEN tennis. I love the rhythm of the needles and the court play.

Click on the link to "Knitty" and see if there is something you might like to start! This is an amazing site with free patterns. I saw these gloves in a shop at Chautauqua and will give them a try. I am going on a hunt for wool in "The City", I'll let you know soon of my sources for this delicious yarn.

[Photo from Knitty.com Wendy Niamath]

2 comments:

  1. Hi Leslie Can't wait to view this site and get out the knitting needles. I agree it is very relaxing and for me a winter thing to do. thanks for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't knitted anything for years, but you've inspired me to make these fingerless gloves. Thanks for posting the link.

    ReplyDelete