Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Oblique Shawl

These are views of the project I am currently working on.

Oblique: Having a slanting position or direction; neither perpendicular nor horizontal; not level or upright; inclined.
Isn't that a perfect knitting description??? This way if things get a little crooked, you just say..."well, after all, it IS an Oblique Shawl!!

I am using "Invernal" wool which is 50% angora, 25% merino wool and 25% polyamide. It's hard to describe when you are telling someone on the phone about the little kangaroo-pouch-pass through that secures the front. I hope picture clears up any confusion :) I am knitting this in a neutral green shade, and hoping it turns out to be as ample on me as it is on the skinny model!

[Credits: Oblique Shawl by Dina Mor
Season's Change Pattern Book]

2 comments:

  1. Ma soeur,
    Now that is very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leslie This looks great. I will be dusting off my knitting needles soon ( I always like to knit in the winter) This looks like a great project. I am tired of just making scarves. See you for lunch.

    ReplyDelete