Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Quote of the Week











'I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.'
Thomas Jefferson 1802


'I believe that Republicans are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever again allow Republicans to control the issues of their currency, health care, Supreme Court and corporations the party will deprive the people of all self-respect and property until their children wake-up shamed and homeless on the continent their fathers and mothers loved so dearly.'
Alexandra van Bever 2008

2 comments:

  1. Les, what a riot!!! I can't believe you posted that. I absolutely believe that but I hope your readers aren't offended by my private views.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have two children who are 'married' to Americans. I may have grandchildren some day that end up living in the USA. I spent six of the most informative years of my life at Princeton University and am still in touch with the best of friends from that tenure. My daughter also spent her graduate career in the US and now works overseas for an American company..Mars Inc. I spend a week of vacation every year at the Chautauqua Institution, in upstate New York...our neighbours.

    Your views are SO my views. I am aghast at what has happened to my America in the last eight years. When people say..."why do you care what happens in the US?" ...this is only a part of why I care. I dismiss "those" people.

    ReplyDelete