Thursday, April 23, 2009

Cupcake sort of day

My neighbour came back from Florida and brought me this adorable gift. It's a little boxed "deck" of cupcake recipes. The best part is that they are all mouthwateringly pictured on each little "card". Presumably the intent is that you will make the cupcakes, but I will not be able to avoid swinging by "Swirls" today. This is a wonderful little gift. Thanks E.

This large format recipe deck adapts 25 recipes from Cupcakes. The recipes range from the delightful (birthday party-friendly Kid Simple Cupcakes) to the innovative (Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes) to the unexpected (Chocolate-covered Mint Meltaway Cupcakes).


About the Author
Elinor Klivans is a noted food writer, publishing articles for Bon Appetit, Eating Well, Fine Cooking, andthe Washington Post among others. She is the author of several cookbooks including our own Cupcakes! and Big Fat Cookies




Other edition by the same author





Of course I was browsing around and came across these two books...I know, I said I wasn't going to buy any more cookbooks....but the testimonials and reviews spoke about buying these books prior to visiting New York and the bakery. You know this is on my list of places to stop.



Now tell me, after all of these sumptuous pictures, don't you want a CUPCAKE???!!!



Photos/Credits: Amazon.ca

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I was just thinking, I need to bake something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I wanna cupcake. I want 2. To hell with the 10 lb pledge. I told you it would take all year with me to drop that weight.

    ReplyDelete