Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Natas

This is but one of the reasons why the chubby girl is still working on the challenge. These little Portuguese lovelies were introduced to me by a friend, and now that I know what they are, they bring them into Longo's!!! YIKES. If you love crème brûlée you are in for a treat with these little hummers. I can guarantee you will hum when you eat one...no...you can't eat just one.........

“Flaky puff pastry shell with a special custard type crème brûlée filling”


Natas Pastries read all about it, but if you are not in California, then go to Longo's and enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. hey there.....I spied them on sunday when I was in there picking up a few things......ryan and erika were coming for dinner and I usually have dessert for them......I settled on some raspberry turnovers,but I do remember those little babies calling to me from the cooler!!!!!!!!!! delicious......see ya......linda k

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are called pasteis natas and are protugese pastried with custard and they are the best!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I personally don't like them. So I'll lose those pounds you pick up. Give me the creme brule anytime. I will be making it on Friday, now that you suggested it, or maybe Saturday after I weigh in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They remind me of the custard tarts that Jean and Lionel eat on "As Time Goes By" -

    David

    ReplyDelete