Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Home Again, Home Again

A few photos of our walk down Fifth Avenue from the Neue Galerie. Our first full day in New York City. I must say, that the last time I was there was in the 60's and there is such an enormous change it's really quite unbelievable. The story goes that Mayor Guiliani rid the city of the homeless, vagrants and graffiti...where they've gone is anyone's guess...possibly Jersey? At any rate, the city is clean and feels much safer. It is unlike any other big city. It's New York...da da da da da....




6 comments:

  1. Great photos! I have only been there the one time, in May 2000, and I was impressed with the city's lack of "seediness" (for want of a better word) in all the areas we visited, including the famed Times Square area. (There were six women in our group and we all felt quite safe, except for one memorable taxi ride out of Harlem that had me worried sick we were about to be robbed...which we weren't.....) I hope your getaway was a memorable, wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, I missed you. But, I'm so glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leslie The photos are great. What an unforgettable trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome home! It is amazing how quiet it is by comparison?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I come with you next time you go?
    dev

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dev said...
    "Can I come with you next time you go?"
    Of course, we'd love to have you come along! The next trip we're thinking of is Chicago. Perhaps we should start doing bus tours????

    ReplyDelete