Sunday, May 3, 2009

On a lighter note........

Today I am drawing up the New York City itinerary. The other night, one of our traveling companions, in response to another's inquiry about what we planned to to in 'The City' said...."Are you kidding!!! Didn't you read her Paris Blog??? All they did was EAT!"

Turns out that's pretty much the itinerary. You have to know exactly where you want to eat based on the area you'll be in at meal times! There was therefore no point at all in updating the 10 pound challenge...not anytime soon.

The other day, I swung by the "Swirls" cupcake place in Streetsville, and had to confess that I would soon be going to "Magnolia Bakery" for a taste. Coincidentally the owner of Swirls is originally from NYC. About half an hour and 15 foodie recommendations later, I extricated myself from the shop, with the owner still trying to bargain a ride with us! I'll bring him some bagels from "Ess-A Bagel".

The on line tickets for Broadway are in hand. We will see.......

EXIT THE KING



A Different tour of New York City


I've decided on The Neue Galerie, and The Frick for this short weekend.

I'm off to call and see if we can get Friday evening reservations at Les Halles.
The Park Avenue location features a butcher shop that specializes in French cuts of meat. The restaurant is featured prominently in the book Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain, who also detailed many of Les Halles's recipes in Anthony Bourdain's Les Halles Cookbook. The restaurant is named after Les Halles, the historic central wholesale marketplace in Paris, France.


A little like going to Paris as well!
Credit: Wikipedia
Photo:westend.broadwayworld.com

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! I love Susan Sarandon. (My husband calls her Susan Saranwrap....)

    ReplyDelete