Sunday, June 14, 2009

Mosaic Fun

Last weekend, Irenka and I did a Mosaic workshop at Wise Daughters Craft Market in Toronto.


Happily, and unbeknownst to us BilliJo (who incidentally has some of her wares for sale upstairs!) was one of the other women who attended. With our teacher Karen Jones and friend Frances, it was a really nice class size and great experience. This is a wonderful workspace. Bright and spacious. We loved it.
Good Karma




As our base, we used little wooden Ikea frames.




Good Girls wear Goggles





Some people actually finish


Other girls have trouble committing to actually gluing things down...


Come back after the grouting is added.





To be continued .......after June 21st.

5 comments:

  1. haha! thanks for posting those! I was JUST thinking of you as I am applying a coat of resin to some of my tiles. Have you glued yours yet? haha. I can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes have you glued yours yet? I've got another one going he he..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, yes, yes, I glued!! :) Of course I changed it all around, but I did find this very therapeutic. I thought I just needed more time to make sure that I really liked what I did, but in the end, that takes a lot longer than it should, and I'm not sure that this beginner piece will be anything but a lesson in Mosaics 101.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like a fun class,
    take your time and enjoy the proccess! by christmas, i'm sure you will have lots made for gifts or a sale!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a class would have enjoyed. I was at the Relay for Life for Cancer and am now catching up on some sleep. The frames look great. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete