Monday, June 15, 2009

What a Nuisance

nui·sance (nōō'səns, nyōō'-)
n.

1. One that is inconvenient, annoying, or vexatious; a bother: Having to stand in line was a nuisance. The disruptive child was a nuisance to the class.
2. Law A use of property or course of conduct that interferes with the legal rights of others by causing damage, annoyance, or inconvenience.

Copyright © 2009 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
Cite This Source

(I find it a nuisance that I have to cite this source)




First thing this morning our beautiful upstairs toilet seat cracked in half. I was telling this to a friend on the phone and she said "What a nuisance"! That is such a perfect word. Nuisance. It's not a huge problem, it's just a nuisance having to go out and get the exact one for this unusual oval shaped bowl.

Last night I sliced into the index finger on my left hand. Better than on the right hand but in so very many ways a total Nuisance.

I had my annual physical last week and now I have to go through the NUISANCE of all the follow-up tests which take more appointments, and ruin my exercise schedule.

Today I won and prize on my radio show! I can't go to the movie because it's on the same evening as our final dance class. That's a Nuisance because I really wanted to go, and I WON!

Hung some drapes yesterday in the studio and now notice that they should be the other way around. Nuisance.

Tried to move some furniture around and can't do it due to my inability to grip...sore finger.... Nuisance.

Driveway people came around with a great deal on filling up and resurfacing asphalt...had to dig in the garage to find barricades to keep people off the fresh tar, and that was a HUGE NUISANCE...which the good of is ...saved the Professor a whole lot of angst and sweat and tears.

Had to do some kid counseling while all the garage-digging was going on...Nuisance.

Today just seems to be a Nuisance.

Think I'll get Jenny's Bakery to make me another sign.

Commit No Nuisance
Eat Cupcakes!





Nuisance Photo Credit: www.davocyan.co.uk/category/photos/

6 comments:

  1. Oh dear you have had a rough day. Shall I bake you a large blueberry cheesecake?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's SOOOOO MEAN!!! :)

    When this is all over YES! AnnnD..we'll eat the entire thing together. Well, maybe we'll invite some of the other girls just to be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever and witty post. It really made me smile and wonder at the never-ending nonsense, nuances and nuisances in life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And colonoscopies are DEFINITELY a nuisance or mammograms for that matter. Better laugh, that always makes me fell better.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That kind of day deserves a return to bed to hide under the covers. Better luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops didn't mean to be anonymous. What a nuisance!

    ReplyDelete