Monday, July 13, 2009

Leaving

This song was one of our children's favourites. It was one among the folksy repertoire that the Professor sang to them at bedtime. I always found it a tear- jerker, and profoundly sad, which is unusual, as I am mostly accused of preferring the beat over the lyrics. Today it's my theme song.


I'll be back again soon, and if I have air waves, I may get a few posts off from Maine. I may be too busy eating lobster and picking blueberries, but you can keep playing the song for a bit. It's an oldie but a goodie.

7 comments:

  1. Oh my, that's one of my FAVOURITE songs. Safe travels :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. have a great trip and i can't wait to hear all about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will miss you in my classes. Have fun!

    dev

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gordon really liked this song because it was about planes... I preferred the far more upbeat and optimistic "Go tell aunt rhodie" and "Where have all the flowers gone". Honestly, it's a wonder that either of us ended up alright after such a depressing childhood! Even "Puff the magic dragon" ends badly!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you and the Professor must have been Hippies. I'm so glad you out grew that phase physically, and just have some residue behaviour, the behaviour is a good thing, the fashions well that's another story. Have a wonderful restful and exciting trip, don't know if that is possible simultaneously, but try. I'll miss you, when will we paint?

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi there leslie......missed you last week......just read you ahve gone away....have a great time...linda k

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must be a hippie at heart because that is one of my favourites as well or maybe we are just kindred spirits. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete