Monday, July 27, 2009

The Question.........

The question was..."What are you going to do when you get home?" The answer is complicated.

I am a maker of lists. Par excellence. I love the way it makes me organize myself and the power of the cross-off. No checks. Bold lines through the task. Done.

I haven't ordered it yet but this book has been amusing me for awhile now.

If we are what we eat, then this book reveals deep truths about the average person (not to mention more mundane truths like a surprising number of people enjoy onions, and for most people, mayonnaise is very, very difficult to spell). "Milk, Eggs, Vodka" is a celebration of the humble grocery list. Almost anyone will find themselves engrossed in this voyeuristic look into everyday life - less than healthy lists, lists for parties, lists with personal and often odd annotations on them...and the list of lists goes on. Besides over 150 found lists, the book also includes short essays on collecting, shopping, eating, and list making. Some of the lists will even include recipes that can be made from the ingredients on the list!
About the Author
Bill Keaggy has been publishing on the Web for more than 10 years and his sites, including keaggy.com and grocerylists.org, have been praised as genius, useless, inspiring, stupid, beautiful and a complete waste of time.
What I'm doing today is making a HUGE list.
I'm back.




Credit: Amazon.ca Milk, Eggs, Vodka

8 comments:

  1. I always end up remebering what I wrote on a list and then don't need it. If I make one, I always forget to bring it. So no lis for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Home!!

    On my blog, under "worth a click", I have a link to Found Grocery Lists. I love that site :-)

    ==Lennie==

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're back. Missed your daily pronouncements so much. Lists...I am a maker of lists, revise them several times, forget where I put them and then don't take them with. Usually it's the most important item for purchase that I seem to forget about so completely until I get home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a list maker too....do I accomplish them, is another story. I find that some entries, I carry them over from day to day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad you are home..I have lots of lists...one for michangelos...one for the cottage....one for the upstairs fridge....one for the downstairs fridge.....one for people I need to make cards for....AND THE LIST GOES ON!!!!!! hope to see you tomorrow...........linda k

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you're back. I am too. I too make lists, but now I don't forget them, I put them in my little book and off I go. I always seem to run out of energy to get everything on my list. So what are you doing when you get back, will I be on your list?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back, lists and all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ma Soeur,
    You are at the top of my list of "people to catch up with" tomorrow. Got in a couple of hours ago, and I'm still on Pacific Time.
    Ta Soeur

    ReplyDelete