Friday, July 31, 2009

Unexpected finds

Driving toward the Brooklin, Maine corner store in pursuit of hand-made ice cream one evening, the rich artistic nature of our surroundings was magnified once more. As usual, click on the pictures to enlarge. I've left them as they came out of the camera in an effort to get everything done :)



This is the home of E.B.White




This is where Charlotte's Web was written




The final resting place of Mr. and Mrs. White





Think I'll watch the movie again.

4 comments:

  1. I used to love reading Charlotte's Web to my class, and we would follow up with the movie. It is a favourite of mine. Thanks for providing photos of where it was written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember walking into my 7 year old brother's room to see him crying while reading that book. I backed out to give him the space for his precious thoughts and feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't killed a spider since.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Howdy
    Wonderful post.
    Thank you for sharing the great photos.
    I have so many memories of the first time I ever read Charlotte's Web.
    I was blessed when my son came along he too liked to read Charlotte's Web .
    Blessings of joy to you.
    Happy Trails

    ReplyDelete