Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Look at the Moon!



FULL MOON

One night as Dick lay fast asleep,
Into his drowsy eyes
A great still light began to creep
From out the silent skies.
It was the lovely moon's, for when
He raised his dreamy head,
Her surge of silver filled the pane
And streamed across his bed.
So, for a while, each gazed at each-
Dick and the solemn moon-
Till, climbing slowly on her way,
She vanished, and was gone.

By Walter de la Mare



Ever notice that despite champagne bubbles, Lawrence Welk was sponsored by Geritol?

5 comments:

  1. When the sky is clear for the full moon, it moves around to the west at about 2 or 3 a.m. And it shines onto my bed like a spotlight. I almost feel like getting up and tap dancing. But I don't know how to tap dance. Too bad...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon cracks me up. I was thinking more on the side of " when the moon hits your eye, like a big pizza pie." The conclusion might be you are either in the mood for love, or your hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to comment again, I'm reading a book about local folklore and thinking of it now, my mother would never let my kids sleep with the moon shining upon them, I can't remember why but it was a big no no. So of coarse the forbidden... Daniel waited patiently until we were out of his room and moved the bed. We heard him and moved it back, but she was so upset. P.S. at her house in the late 80's you could still see the full moon, without obstruction of pollution, I'm stunned that I say that since it's Hamilton, and all those steel mills

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon. I have a pair of tap shoes that you can borrow. I think you need to take up tap dancing immediately. I'm not sure how either the cats or the downstairs neighbors would react, but this is a life skill that needs to be perfected. You could probably practice while you knit! I frequently drag out my tap shoes at festivities and everyone has a go! My pine floors still bear the scars.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, there you go Irenka! See what happened to Daniel because he slept in the moonlight! Ask Sasha :)

    ReplyDelete