Thursday, August 13, 2009

Spam...the blogger's nightmare


Things were going along quite well until yesterday and I started getting "Spam" messages on my blog because I removed the word verification process from my comment feature. Now I have removed the spam comments and reactivated the word verification. This means that those of you who are bothered by having to add the scrambled word after your comment will no longer be here, but the spam is invasive...tricky balance.

I'm off for a couple of weeks and just watching the blog, so hopefully this new setting will settle things down. Don't worry if you see that I've removed comments, they were only advertisements.

Back in a while!

10 comments:

  1. Well when I first saw your photo, I though oh a new recipe. They still sell Spam you know, it flies off the shelf at the the chinese store. I've been having some major difficulties with my email. So I know how frustrating. Have a good rest. Yea right eh! Eat at least one sconwhich for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precisely why I have always left the word verification intact. So sorry you had such a bother!! Enjoy your time off :-)
    ==Lennie==
    PS: Spam is apparently very popular in Hawaii. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good try but, in the end, good idea.

    Besides, I need the eyetests.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leslie, I am missing you!!
    dev

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, what's a scrambled word or two among friends, I am sure that your legion of readers will have no problem complying. 'Tis a small price to pay to avoid being knee-deep in Spam. Enjoy your time away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I haven't seen you in ages. I guess we will reconnect in September. Devon's class is not the same without you, although I did try your spot out for size. Quite comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The scrambled word matches my scrambled brain. Have a good time away.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I keep the word verification on after some of the horror stories about spam (and downright other hateful) comments I've heard. I'd probably have many more legitimate commenters without it, but I just don't want the headaches of the unscreened internet!

    ReplyDelete