Friday, October 30, 2009


In Chicago, when not looking at the food, you are generally looking UP. Waaaay UP, just like in the Friendly Giant. One of the most interesting things we did was to take the Architectural Boat tour. This is a fantastic way to see the skyline of downtown Chicago and learn about the city. The perspective from the water is totally amazing.


Aside from all the amazing things we did, I don't think I have ever used my big camera as much as I did in this city. It's a pain to lug around, but I now have an arsenal of photos that I can play with. It's one thing to manipulate and play with photos, but for now, I'm just doing the straight up stuff.


This structure and it's twin are dubbed "the corn cobs" by the locals. My question is, who parks those cars???????? Would you like to back into your space and come that close to the river. I'm guessing valet parking which is a huge industry in this town.


It was cold and windy on the tour, but not to be missed. The added bonus was starting in the evening light and ending up in the dark with all the buildings up-lit.

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic photos ... and I LOVE the first one :-)
    I have Chicago in the works for 2010 and now I can't wait to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are an excellent photographer All of your Chicago photos turned out so well. What a beautiful city.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are an excellent photographer All of your Chicago photos turned out so well. What a beautiful city.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are an excellent photographer All of your Chicago photos turned out so well. What a beautiful city.

    ReplyDelete