Saturday, October 31, 2009

Try this at home

In a darling, warm bakery on the side of the river, we came across this seasonal delight. The "Whoopie Pie", when made correctly is wonderful. I think the recipe that I have found mimics the taste we experienced in Chicago. Well worth the easy preparation for this taste of fall.


If you can stand a few minutes of bossy Martha Stewart who continually interupts her guests and tries to best them vis a vis her baking techniques, this is a great idea on how to make these tasty morsels.

Martha Stewart Whoopie Pie Recipe and Video


photo credit: Annie eats.com

4 comments:

  1. I have had a whoopie pie once, only once, and didn't like it. It was bought in a package in an Indiana grocery store though, the way you'd buy a Joe Louis or a Flakie here. I'm sure homemade is best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that Martha!! She's rather good at that "talking over" business, isn't she? What are ya gonna do?? That said - the whoopie pie looks pretty good!


    David P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those wre so very yummy.I would love to know how to make those. I love everything pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how I managed to miss the bottom with the recipe. Thank you so much Leslie. I definitely must try making those.

    ReplyDelete