Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Tuesday's Child


Remember the poem about Mondays Child??

Mondays child is fair of face,
Tuesdays child is full of grace,
Wednesdays child is full of woe,
Thursdays child has far to go,
Fridays child is loving and giving,
Saturdays child works hard for his living,
And the child that is born on the Sabbath day
Is bonny and blithe, and good and gay.

It is 8:30 a.m. here at my desk, it is 2:30 p.m. in Belgium and Jane is in labour. Looks like (little?...that bump looks enormous to me) Zoë will be born today. At least, her mother thinks she will be. Jane had her last appointment this morning and was told that probably around 5 or 6 p.m. tonight, Belgian time (obviously) the baby will be here, subtract six hours to that for our time. That makes it January 5th. A good strong date. FIVE. 5...then again, close enough, if it happens to be 6 that's good too. Oh I'm a blithering "waiter". The reason we have not been able to get in touch is that the computer is packed for the delivery clinic. Jane is at the point of walking it off now....remember???? Think I'll review my Lamaze breathing for now...and finish the packing. We're off tomorrow. Great timing.



Credits:http://www.rhymes.org.uk/mondays_child.htm

8 comments:

  1. "The happiest days are the days when babies come!" - Melanie, GWTW. I know this will be a very happy day, indeed - all the best to the little family, and the doting grandparents!

    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear the good news beginning. Almost congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am getting ready to do a happy dance for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tuesdays child is full of grace. Zoe in africa means "productive." Zoe in greek means "life." So I am thinking Zoe will live a productive life with grace. And now I have tears of joy for you all. Wish grandma and grandpa were here to meet their great-granddaughter.They would be in love at first sight. Enjoy your trip and holding the little bundle of joy.I can just picture you and uncle Larry sweetly cuddling and rocking baby Zoe...she is a very lucky little to girl to be so loved. Such a wonderful time for all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still waiting....can't believe they haven't invented a way for us to get some of the eau de newborn over the computer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the best to you and the whole family. Lots of happiness and joy to come......Have a safe and wonderful trip, proud grandparents :) I'll be thinking of you all !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATULATIONS TO LESLIE AND LARRY ON THE BIRTH OF ZOE JANE TARABOKIA......!!! What exciting times. I love you all SO much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was a wednesday's child. And I grew up always thinking that I was full of woe. So I chose not to tell my daughter that poem (she will work hard for her living -- although I gave her a middle name of Grace to counterbalance it)

    ReplyDelete