Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Very Merry Unwedding

Off to Albuquerque. I love spelling Albuquerque as I type it. Yes, we're off to New Mexico, and the "Unwedding" of our 'kids' Gordon and Rachael.


"An Unbirthday is described as an event that is typically celebrated on any of the 364 or 365 days in which it is not the person's birthday. It is a neologism coined in Lewis Carroll's Through the Looking Glass, giving rise to "The Unbirthday Song" in the 1951 Disney animated film Alice in Wonderland."


Soooo, since Gordon and Rachael are not having any sort of official "foofarah" [is that a word? Perhaps it's an unword], instead opting to travel around the world for 3 months, we shall convene in Rach's home town, with her family and just be. An "Unwedding" (neologism) it is. I'm sure there will be Champagne and Cupcakes involved:)

Caution: I can't get this song out of my head regarding Un..things. See if you are not similarly afflicted after hearing it. Just replace birthday with wedding and you've got it!

A Very Merry Unwedding! Indeed.

7 comments:

  1. This is adorable. I wish Gord and Rach the very best. The good thing about an unwedding is you can remember the date because it's always today!! It's always appropriate to announce 'Presents please....'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Dana. Adorable! An "unwedding" is the new way to go!
    Please give them best wishes from us too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful time, and give those two a big hug. They are so cute together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to Gordon and Rachael. Speaking from experience, both from recent events and my own wedding 30 years ago, I think this is the way to go. I was working as a layout artist at Sears while planning my wedding, and my manager called me in and told me to tell my mother if she called me one more time about the nuptials, he was going to fire me. Simple is best. It's all about love and not about things you think you're supposed to be doing to please other people. I hope everyone has a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely couple! All the best and have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ma Soeur,
    We assume that the unwedding is going splendidly, and celebrated in a different way each day. Best wishes to Gord and Rachel and may they continue to travel far and wide together in the coming years. Have a blast everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that this picture captures it all really. Gord and Rach look so comfortable and relaxed; the perfect state of being. We hope that champagne, cupcakes and wonderful visits have been the order of each and every day.

    Best wishes to all; today, tomorrow and always.

    ReplyDelete