Saturday, July 10, 2010

What is this all about??

Zoë knows how much Mamère et Papy love Veuve Clicquot Champagne, so she decided that we should take a trip to Reims and visit the Winery where this wonderful sparkling Champagne wine is made.


Reims is a long drive for a 6 month old, about 2 and a half hours from Brussels. Zoë was determined to make the trip in good humour and she did!


The widow (Veuve) looked a bit cool about our visit, but no matter, we carried on.


Zoë wasn't quite sure about going down into a cold, dark, chalky cave, but we did.


Bottles are in racks.



Bottles are processing and changing to magical colours



This is more like it! This is how we like to see the Champagne



Now we get to TASTE it!



Santé



I don't know...ask your Mother if you can have a taste



Mummy said YES!



Ooooh, I'm not so sure what this Champagne business is all about, tastes a bit strange to me. We came all this way to taste THIS??? Adults.


However, these cushions! Now this is the style!



Adieu Veuve Clicquot! We all enjoyed ourselves SO MUCH!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a grand time. Zoe is absolutely adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Veuve Cliquot. In fact I think I should keep a small split (or whatever the word is) in my fridge for emergencies. The a/c is fixed, whisper quiet. Can't believe how much I was suffering in that heat. Hope you're all cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definition: Veuve Cliquot emergencies

    1. What do you mean today is Monday??!
    2. What do you mean today is Tu....??!
    3. WHO'S on the phone for me??!!
    4. Beatrice BROKE it??
    5. The bathroom scale says WHAT?!
    6. I look old...
    7. OMG they're HERE!
    8. About the car.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Leslie Jane,

    My apologies that this comment is off-post and not specifically related to your work.

    I'm just visiting to say thank you for your kind comment on Willow Manor's review of my new novel. I'm delighted to know that it's on your reading list - and I just want you to know that the Muskoka I describe in the novel is exactly the Muskoka I saw when I visited (and photographed) the area in 2005.

    The opening sunset by the lake is a word-for-word acount of a sunset I photographed by the U-dock.

    Interesting to see that you list Gerald Durrell's My Family and Other Animals as one of your favourites. It was a book that had a huge influence on my childhood and he was the first person I interviewed as a journalist.

    Best wishes

    David

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pictures take me back to the wonderful trip we had last summer. It looks like Zoe enjoyed herself with Veuve Cliquot champagne!!!!

    Elaine

    ReplyDelete