Friday, August 27, 2010

A bit of family silliness Genius


One of our daughter Jane's finer talents is her ability to remember ALL the songs and lyrics to most musicals and one film in particular "Back to the Future", to which she can recite every word. We were reminded of this on our trip home from touring Veuve Clicquot in France this summer, where, even while driving, she was able to chirp out every word. No amount of calling 'uncle' stops her.



This bit of fun was filmed on location in Salzburg, Austria where Zoë (and for that matter Michael) were introduced to Jane's zany world on the Sound of Music tour. Jane did NOT make the outfits out of her living room curtains that I was counting on seeing. Michael may be wearing Lederhosen, but as he's the filmographer this time, we'll never know.

You have to watch closely to see Jane and Zoë playing their parts in this new release!

Zoë seems to have excelled at the jumping on the stairs scene. I miss this baby sooooo much! She's musical already, so I can see her carrying on the tradition of Sound of Music every Christmas! This is only the beginning.

13 comments:

  1. I'm still giggling!!! This is just fabulous!! I know all the words to all the songs, as well, so this was especially near and dear to my heart. Priceless. I'm going to be smiling all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should re-name the title of this post "A bit of family genius". I've had a hard time getting my colleagues here in Belgium to fully appreciate the artistry of this video, and I still haven't figured out why they aren't more appreciative... I think it's because they've never seen the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I should have mentioned: "No McFly ever amounted to anything in the history of Hill Valley!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Jane, as you can see, I've re-named the title :) It's just a given that you are a genius darling, AND a bit silly at times. I don't know too many other astrophysicists who could mime "How do you solve a problem like Maria?" I also can't believe you could remember what was actually going on in all those locations and then manage to edit the video so well! I hope Zoë will be putting on shows in the basement soon :) XXXOOO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore this! One of my absolute favourite movies, which I will now look at with new eyes :-) ..... and I know what I'll be singing/humming this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That is just too cute. I also love that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ma Soeur,
    Wow! Talk about the perfect way to jump start my day!! This is so fabulous, and so, so clever. I love those little jumping feet. Zoë is definitely into it. Great job Jane, Michael and "the star", Zoë!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so funny! I, too, was amazed Jane could remember the exact choreography. The Sound of Music Tour is on the top of my bucket list!
    Gym Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  9. A total delight!! Jane is quite multi-talented...and SOM is filled w/great songs. A fine gift to pass along to one's daughter.

    David

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous!!! Jane is a genius and Zoe is the cutest!!

    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Had to come over and watch this again with WT. It's the best.

    ReplyDelete