Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Did you ever see....

I've heard the term 'Mango Lassi' before, but never really knew what they tasted like. Basically it's a mango smoothie...so delicious. This non-alcoholic drink is great with spicy Indian food.


Mango Lassi Recipe

There are tons of recipes for this and I think they will all turn out much like the one we had, you can use honey instead of sugar, but according to the bartender... ICE is a MUST! It is also quite permissible to use canned mangoes...who knew.

I have to add this music, because every time I say "Lassi" it just makes me think of this silly little ditty homophone, which happened to be one of my very favourite elementary school songs. In those days uninhibited 5 and 6 year old kids really hammed it up to this one!

3 comments:

  1. Ma soeur,
    I must try a 'mango lassi' for our breakfast smoothie some morning soon. I love your connection to the childhood 'lassi' ditty, which I still teach my young charges from time to time. And yes, they are still capable of hamming it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why I'm surprised, but I am a bit befuddled that you've not had a mango lassi before. So glad you've now experienced this wonderful taste sensation; shall we go out for Indian food for lunch sometime soon? Hmm....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. I hadn't thought of that song in soooooo long. Has many fond memories attached!

    tante d

    ReplyDelete