Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Researching Pittsburgh

The heat is on to find out all things Pittsburgh. We are off on a road trip soon, and of course the main focus will be on the museums and eateries. The Professor and I are regular viewers of "Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives".....This may be one contender.



We shall visit the Frick Museum

"For my best beloved Sister Mia: An Album of Photographs by Julia Margaret Cameron"

The Warhol, The Warhol

"Marilyn Monroe"


and Penzeys Spices


Any other recommendations??? Perhaps a little off-roading to Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater??

7 comments:

  1. I think Pittsburgh is great! Here's the blog post I wrote up when we went a couple of years ago:
    http://alphabetsoupstudio.blogspot.com/2008/09/i-heart-pittsburgh.html
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lennie. I know we share a love of good eats, so I was delighted to read your post on your trip to "The Burgh". Your description of De Luca's .....

    "I enjoyed a De Luca's specialty, their "funky monkey". Try not to drool: it featured a chocolate-banana waffle, topped with fresh banana slices, vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, and chocolate syrup."

    You KNOW that we're SO going there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you been to the Warhol Museum? Never been, but friends enjoyed it. I did go to lunch in a restaurant in a restored train station, Grand Concourse. I think you might enjoy that, a very pretty space. BTW, have you been to a site called TripAdvisor? A friend recently told me about it, lots of reviews from regular folks about places to go and things to see. I've enjoyed reading the reviews.
    David

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot wait to get on the road again. It will be so much fun, and who kows what wonderful things there are to discover in Pittsburgh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bon Voyage, you gypsy! Look forward to reading of your grand experiences.

    Tante D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I watch this show all the time too. Have fun and enjoy :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky you! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete