Monday, February 7, 2011

A new baby


This is so sweet. Just right for a new baby.

Welcome to the big wide world little Ruby Jean Fisher.


Lesley Jane Fisher is my namesake. Her first baby Ruby Jean is named for her father's mother, and was born yesterday, Sunday, February 6th. in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.

By great coincidence, my Great Aunt and Grandmother, both the same woman was Ruby Jean. My Mother's aunt was Ruby Jean (McDougall) Scott. My Grandfather on my Father's side married the widowed Ruby Jean when his second wife died and thus my Great Aunt also became my Grandmother! Ruby Jean figures largely in my life.

I was surprised that Lesley and Tom chose such a vintage name, but it does have a southern ring to it, and this precious little one starts the tradition all over again.

Essie Jain | What a big Wide World | Light Of Morning from Carolina Melis on Vimeo.


It's a great big world for a little girl. Welcome Ruby Jean. A new playmate for Zoë Jane! And quite a few more grandmothers into the mix. Congratulations Dana, Judith, Kathy, Penelope, Barbara - AND....GREAT Grandmother DORIS VanBever!

I find it quite amusing that this little ditty is by "Essie Jain".

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Grandma Dana and family. I love the name Ruby Jean. What a delightful song and video, so soft and delicate, like a new baby. I will be looking forward to seeing some photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the story of the name and it's so nice that there will be new history in the making. Congratulations to all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww, congrats to all and welcome to RUBY JEAN!
    (You know, one of my great aunts married a McDougall............)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I can't wait for Zoë Jane and Ruby Jean to meet each other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to Grandmas Dana and Judith,and Family. I love the name and the story about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is simply adorable. Thank you and we feel your love. What magical moments and I love sharing them with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is wonderful news! Best wishes to all! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely marvelous news! We've been following the adventures of Grandma Dana now for the past few weeks and we are delighted with the end product. Welcome to the family Ruby Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cool to have a namesake. (The only one I had was a particularly annoying dog). Anyway, Ruby Jean is just the greatest name. I want to be a grandmother too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I finally had time to read this dedication. Thank you so much for being a wonderful auntie to me my whole life. I love you so much. LJM...F

    ReplyDelete