Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day one

Remember the Chubby Girl immortalized by Carmi? She's baaaack!


Okay, yesterday I "bought" a day. It was "Family Day" in Ontario. A relatively new holiday, the same day as President's Day....except that in Canada, as opposed to having mega sales like the US, here, we lock all the doors and stay inside! No sales, no food shops open, no malls....sheesh. You'd think by now, we'd GET IT!!!
Due to closures, I got out of attending the gym on a Monday, my preferred day to 'start' new ventures.

Today became day one of the new regime. "Limbering Up With Louie" would be a good descriptive. Louie has taken over the 10 a.m. Tuesday morning fitness class and is the ONLY person in the room who has no rhythm and can't keep his movements to the beat. When The Professor retires he would fit right in, but then again, Louie is also a hockey referee and in pretty good shape.

We have all the equipment with Louie. Usually when I hear the word "Ball" I cringe.



This is a picture of me, day one, back from a dreadful winter of colds and malaise...NOT....but I am sure that in 6 weeks, I'll be able to do this maneuver.


Louie has us using the free weights. I'm pretty sure that some of the moves he has us doing only work if you are a guy. My pecs are flaming.


Here I am again, demonstrating the bands. You don't want to let go of these under any circumstances!



The mat work is my favourite. Most of the other girls can't see you when we are all prone, on the floor, so you can actually take smallish naps:)

This is what Louie can't keep up to...he tries, but oh my what a sight! Everyone sings along to this one...still doesn't work for poor Louie!


The other girls are all doing a diet log-in on line, so I'll let you know how that goes as this annual routine progresses! In addition to weaning myself from chocolate, I'm ramping up my exercise routine. Tonight is Ballroom Line Dancing, tomorrow is my favourite class with Devon. If I make it to Thursday it'll be step class and I cannot commit to Friday ...yet.

I just found out today that the best incentive - the coffee after class - has been escalated with the Tim Horton's Roll Up The Rim contest!

Good timing. I'm inspired :)

7 comments:

  1. You go girl! Nice to see you back and I agree that the coffee ritual right after exercise is the only reason to keep going. Now about "Roll up the Win", I will give it three days, if there are no prizes to be had, I go back to my small coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 - 2 - 3 - 4
    Who is going to lose some more?
    L E S L I E
    L E S L I E
    Yaaaaaaay, Leslie!
    (I'm sorry; my brain is addled from the heat. My word verification is "ficskine" and I should be able to come up with something clever but I just can't...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck to you and all who seek fitness (including me) A healthy sense of humor is mandatory in this effort, as such you are already a step ahead! Those exercise balls are rather challenging, indeed.

    David

    ReplyDelete
  4. you've just motavated me to get off my ass and do something!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are too funny, Leslie!! My word verification is 'hothe'. I am pronouncing it 'hottie'. That will be you soon! lol
    dev

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on day 2. I'm working at it too....if you need an extra exercise ball you can always use me. I may not be able to figure out the shape of my face but I sure know the shape of ME!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in...but I need to redesign that girl for myself as the 20 pound pledge now!

    ReplyDelete