Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day three - I believe in magic...do you?

Today it's step class. Keeping the routine varied is a good idea in principle. The real reason is, that I am incapable of anything, including speech, before 10 a.m. This is the 10 a.m. Thursday offering, and I'm lucky again that it's Devon who teaches this class. EXCEPT for the KILLER squats!! I mean how am I to make it to Friday at this rate? I used to make it my routine to go to class every day at the local rec/gym center, at 9 a.m. Then I started having all sorts of aches and pains and had to modify my classes. The later ones seemed a bit gentler, and fitted my personal preferences.





Even though the beginner step has been ramped up since I attended pre knee injuries, it was a FABULOUS workout and I was happy that I could remember most of the choreography. A few new turns these days, good for the brain too :)

On the way home, I was listening to my "60's on 6" Sirius radio and another Lovin' Spoonful rendition was playing. It's so true. This is my song for today, my soul is still young and music is guaranteed to put a spring in my step.

AND I won another free coffee at Tims! Now THAT's Magic :)

3 comments:

  1. Indeed, winning anything on the RRRRoll up the RRRim to Win is Magic. Honestly, I don't know how you can go to the gym every day. My 3 days a week kills me (psychologically)and I don't do classes or aerobics since the latter mimics an asthma attack which I have no use for. My weight is creeping up since I've made too many modifications to what is allowed. I have a problem with authority figures so it's hard to follow a diet that someone else made up. Now, where did I leave my resolve.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were great this morning, Leslie, if a little tardy! Next week, jacks to add to the squats. The weight is going to be dropping off you! Lucky you with two wins at Tim's!!

    dev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you!! Getting fit and winning at Tim's - great combination!!!

    Elaine

    ReplyDelete