Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Poet Says

Yesterday a new list appeared in the Oprah magazine. You know how I LOVE lists.

This particular one is: "20 Books of Poetry Everyone Should Own"

Having limited knowledge of poetry, mostly the classical poems learned in school, I have recently been "turned on" to contemporary poetry by Tess Kincaid. I read her offerings in absolute awe. Tess really knows how to turn a phrase and make all those similies and metaphors that I did learn about in school dance upon the page. Tess thinks the Oprah list is a stellar one.

You can visit Tess at her blog "Life at Willow Manor" [see my sidebar for link] and hear her actually read her poems. One I particularly like is "Edna's House"

Just last week she made the announcement that her long awaited publication is forthcoming. I have very excitedly reserved my copy.

I can assure you from personal experience that her poetry in the kitchen is every bit as tasty as her feast upon the page. We just finished up an incredibly large recipe of "Blackstreet's Cabbage Roll Casserole"

You'll have to keep in touch with the goings on at Willow Manor. At any given moment there can be extravagant parties, ghostly sightings, or yet another scrumptious recipe. It's all very poetic.

3 comments:

  1. I was really surprised that Walt Whitman wasn't on the Oprah list.
    P.S. Don't you think it would be fun to spend a weekend writing poetry (and eating and drinking a lot) to get us in the mood?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan Williamson said...
    P.S. Don't you think it would be fun to spend a weekend writing poetry (and eating and drinking a lot) to get us in the mood?

    Oh yes it would! Any time, any place. Let's Do it!:)

    ReplyDelete