Wednesday, March 16, 2011

So what IS Passata???

Prompted by the coffee-after-gym ladies, I'm blogging today on Passata. Seems as though each day someone comes to the table and says "What IS Passata???" It's basically tomato puree, sieved to remove lumps and seeds. We all love it in our cooking, I can say this with great authority now that I too know what it is - from the Vegetarian Chili recipe :)...the topic yesterday and today was cabbage rolls.

Instead of the time intensive work of rolling cabbage rolls we have been alerted to the easier method. Apparently there is no standard recipe for Cabbage Roll Casserole, but it contains cabbage, rice, ground beef and PASSATA if you wish! I love the bottles it comes in. You purists may chime in anytime - let me know if there is a perfect recipe!

8 comments:

  1. All I know is the perfect recipe has me sitting at the table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My perfect recipe is any recipe that some else makes.
    Lauren A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The perfect recipe is the one we share with our girlfriends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Leslie this is a good question answered now to make Louise's chili recipe. yum yum

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one is my fave:

    http://willowmanor.blogspot.com/2008/12/cabbage-alert.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. so did you make my "lazy" cabbage rolls,as I like to call them.I do make them with tomato juice,but I am sure they will be delicious with your twist on them. The world of cooking is a wonderful thing to share with friends and family.

    my word verification is "geess"...how appropriate

    LSK

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh Tess,
    The addition of leeks is divine. I'll try your recipe. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The best recipe is the one you made and shared with me :-) We had one meal with it and another is in the freezer for a rainy day.

    Thank you my friend for two excellent meals!

    ReplyDelete