Tuesday, May 3, 2011

It's all about Royalty


On our recent trip to attend the Royal Wedding festivities, I should have known that a side trip to a nearby ski resort was some sort of deception.


I don't like having my picture taken. I like being the photographer.



It wasn't really all that bad as they just tie you into the costume and push you into the scenery. Not only do I not like having my picture taken, but I don't wear hats well either. Now you know why on both accounts :)


I wanted the brim brought forward, and the photographer kept shoving the hat back, "to see the face"...This is NOT how this sort of had would have been worn. Hey, I was being a sport....who cares, it's a joke...right?

I did this stunt to humour our hostess who happens to have a penchant for dressing up. It was also her birthday.

This is one of those times when you think..."should I post it, or not?" With Canadian and world events of the past few days, we could all use a good laugh. Happy to provide you with levity. Have a good one, it will be a hazy day in May before another of me surfaces!:)

7 comments:

  1. It's not so bad. You look a little like a female "Mad Hatter" from Alice in Wonderland.

    If Johnny Depp can do it, so can you!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen you in some great hats. Now we know why Larry was referring to the Mad Hatter. It was the guy who kept pushing it back!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it were only possible to blog the laughter and precious comments this picture would truly come alive with the hilarity of the moment. It couldn't have been more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous! I love it! You look wonderful even if you didn't enjoy yourself completely!

    dev

    ReplyDelete
  5. leslie:
    as discussed earlier,I agree with Larry,but I would never had written it so beautifully!!!
    you are a good sport!!

    LSK

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too much! Somewhere, there's a Gilbert & Sullivan production looking for its supernumeraries...try "Five Little Maids" maybe?? You girls are a RIOT!

    David

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it, and I completely agree with Larry. You would have fit in completely around the Mad Hatter's tea table.

    ReplyDelete