Saturday, May 7, 2011

Music that will sway you

Last evening we attended the choral concert of a dear friend. After the performance, surrounded by her family and friends, we enjoyed a most hospitable time in her home. Her father sat down at the piano and played, while her mother-in-law sang. It was so beautiful to witness such talent and energy. It brings profound happiness to my heart to be amongst true artists. I think this must have been what the "salons" were really like.

Sometimes there is music that transports us. This is one of those particular pieces.

Have a little 7 minute break. Close your eyes, and breathe. Take the time to be in the moment and be romanticized. Your heart will surely sing.




Emil von Sauer

2 comments:

  1. Thank you my darling. It captured my thoughts perfectly today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very happy that you enjoyed the evening.
    Thank you Leslie. The music was magnificent and brings back very fond memories of my father playing the piano at home.

    Elaine

    ReplyDelete