Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The last Rose of summer

This past weekend was the perfect one for putting a bit of the garden to bed. Peonies transplanted, shrubs relocated, trimming and putting away in the shed. I have to say The Professor did most of the grunt work to my splendid ideas :)


The last roses of summer. Fall is in the air and from time to time, heat on in the house. It's time.


Nature's palette. Such an inspiring mix of colour that will carry me through the dark winter days.


Deanna Durbin was born in Canada. This rendition makes me want to watch an old movie on this gloomy afternoon.

3 comments:

  1. The pictures are beautiful....what on earth is all the drama in the movie??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea what this movie is like, I'll order it on Zip.ca and let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your industriousness has made me feel the need to put the pots on my deck away and tidy up for the winter. One of my very least favorite chores. Maybe if I reward myself I can do it?

    ReplyDelete