Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Willow Manor Ball 2011

Can it really be October 12 already!????

A very important date.

The Annual Willow Manor Cyber Ball.

As I was in such a whirl, I decided to ask Zucchero, (Zucchero is the Italian word for sugar) who just happened to be in town (he is performing later this week at Massey Hall), to be my date. This bluesy Italian was definitely sweet enough to accede to my imploring, and even offered to bring his band and perform at the ball!



Dance, dance morena (brunette)
Under this full moon
Under the moonlight
Under the moonlight



One of the other girls was in a real pout that I got to "Z" first.


A bit of a frenzy as to what to wear, but pulled this little number out of the closet and figured it would do for the 'Under the Moonlight' theme going on.


I just hope I can squash myself into my sweet beau's rare and expensive Lancia Aurelia Spider. Must remember to wrap my brunette locks with a swath of silk for the ride. I do not want to arrive rumpled.



Upon our arrival, I shall ask the bartender to make us a classic Italian Cocktail. We will have driven for hours and been held up at the border with the endless checking of passports and identities. My word.

Ingredients
1 oz. white peach puree (if you can’t find peach puree, substitute peach schnapps)
3 oz. chilled Prosecco
1 dash of maraschino cherry juice (for color)

Method
Pour the puree into a chilled champagne glass and top up with the Prosecco. Stir until mixed and add a dash of the maraschino liqueur until the drink takes on a pinkish hue. Serve.


I'll try and locate a few fellow countrymen and women for my guest, but I do hope that Marcello Mastroianni and his date Anita Ekberg don't jump in the fountain again and come out dripping all over the dance floor.


I've heard a rumour that there were comments being made at the buffet. It will be a major effort keeping Giada De Laurentiis and Nigella from slinging caviar at each other!




13 comments:

  1. Uhhhhh ... excuse me?

    Did you forget you were married?

    I drive a Honda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO!!! Over your husband's comment!! Well, you looked gorgeous at the ball and so did your date. The car, oh the car was in a class by itself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She did it again ~ that Anita what an exhibitionist!

    I actually got hit on the arm when the caviar went flying.

    You looked smashing in that blue gown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Surely one night in the year we can forget we're married? Mine's a Morris Minor Traveller, circa 1960.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doctor FTSE....yes indeed, one night of the year we CAN forget we are married. I've always loved Moris Minors but The Professor could never fold himself into one..hence the rather unromantic Honda Van :) Don't worry, he'll be meeting Zucchero up close and personally on Friday night and I'm sure they can settle their differences over a Bellini!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your husband's comment ;)
    Brilliant!!
    I love how none of the wives brought their own husbands...
    You looked fabulous, of course, and at least your hubby got to see you before you were whisked away by Z...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that Larry Moran of yours better step lively. Those Italian men are to die for. And that spider with your gown? Oo-la-la. I'll drink peach puree and Schnapps to that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sexy Italian, sexy car, Italian drink, beautiful dress- you've got it all going on!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Leslie Jane: Yes, well it is the full moon effects, obviously...you have exquisite, most excellent taste, dear!Larry will be fine in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely gown, and you were wearing some serious rocks that night! Good thing you didn't loan 'em to Giada, they might've gotten lost down the front of that frock...

    Hmmm-word verification is "sessy" - not "sassy" - not "sissy" - hmm...
    David

    ReplyDelete
  11. David I noticed the same. Giada had more than caviar to sling.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Dana - you are just the limit!!
    Yes, indeed, Giada displays much more than her rather highly developed culinary skills on her delightful cooking show, does she not? :)

    David

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have impeccable taste, daahling...thanks for making the Willow Manor Ball 2011 so much fun...

    ReplyDelete