Monday, November 14, 2011

Just a bit too woolly

I'm not sure how long I sat and looked at this basket of woolly skeins. They were really too woolly to be comfortable as a sweater, so finally I found a blanket pattern that I thought suited their Gallic tendencies.



Pneumonia has forced me to sit and do nothing for the past few months, this is the result. It's more of a shawl really. There wasn't enough to finish off a proper throw, but it will be just woolly enough to cover the shoulders and stave off the cold of the coming snows.

7 comments:

  1. Leave it to you to accomplish more while ill than others do while well. It looks like just what you need on a chilly evening...perfect as a lap blanket while tackling yet another project! Speaking of which...stocking kit arrived today! No excuses now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Les...it's beautiful. What size needles did you use? It looks so fine. Just a treasure.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. How gorgeous is that? You are such a talented cratsman. Is there nothing you cannot accomplish? Bravo Leslie!
    You are my hero!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely job, Leslie - really, you do such extraordinary handwork! Leave it to you to make lemons out of lemonade...
    David

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so talented. The right blanket for cold days to come.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dana,
    I had to use a really long 5mm (USA8) circular needle. 272 Stitches are cast on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! It is gorgeous! You must teach me!!!

    ReplyDelete