Thursday, November 3, 2011

Pace Yourself

Was that Pace myself, or BRACE myself. Once again, now that Starbuck's has installed itself at the grocery store, I am alerted to the flavour of the season. Usually I pace myself allowing only one of these per month....they don't stay around much longer anyway. But when you read the specs, you'll see exactly why this is necessary.


The Eggnog Latte with Whip
510 calories



The Gingerbread Latte with Whip
430 calories



The Peppermint Mocha with Whip
470 calories


Now, really. Why would you go without "the whip"???? Isn't that the entire decadent point!!??

It has been suggested that you can have non fat milk and no whip..Bahhhhh Humbug!

Just pace yourself. It's not like you can afford one every day!


Photos: Starbucks

7 comments:

  1. so which one did you end up having???that is like a dinner's worth of calories on "lose it"!!! what the heck were we thinking????actually trying to lose weight??ENJOY is my way of thinking nowadays....since I am back in the "boot" today, after a day of frivolity yesterday.....but I did enjoy yesterday soooooo much...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, whipped cream does inspire me! I just can;t have it too often....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! It must be the Italian in me but I like my coffee naked!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm. Delicious. I've been staying away from Starbucks because once I start, I end up going every week or twice a week. I almost went through the drive thru at Eglinton and Dixie.

    LaTTE! It's definitely calling for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm...don't they all look tasty, especially now that leaves are falling and the weather has turned chilly...
    David

    ReplyDelete
  6. They must start earlier up north. Have not seen the eggnog or the gingerbread yet but now that you have alerted me I will be looking. And of course will have them with whipped cream.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're making me drool. Of course, the whip, the whip!hahaha -- that sounds so bad....

    ReplyDelete