Saturday, November 19, 2011

Speaking of Calendars

The 2012 Milk Calendar was in the Toronto Star today! I love the photo on the cover. I too have saved just about every Milk Calendar for years. It always sends me into a frenzy of wanting to cook again.


One of my all-time favourite recipes is the Mushroom and Leek soup. In the day, I was pasting the recipes in photo album binders with plastic page covers...(the original Martha that I am), and I still have this recipe fall out of my now, rather unorganized folder of odds and sods clipped from newspapers and magazines.

I love the tureen this is served in.



This was the picture that had no recipe for it...the one that attracted me the most of course, so in case you don't get the calendar, here's the link for the recipe.

Chocolate Raspberry Celebration Cake


If you are not in the distribution area to get this calendar, you can access the recipes at MyMilkCalendar.ca If for no other reason, how can you resist this line-up of meals....Classic Broccoli Cheddar Soup, Herb and Sweet Onion Scalloped Potatoes, Nice and Easy One-Pot Macaroni & Cheese, Sun-Dried Tomato Cauliflower Cheese, Chicken and Vegetable Casserole with Basil, Garlic Shrimp and Spinach Linguine.....
Hungry yet???



Photos: My Milk Calendar Canada

9 comments:

  1. I made the Mushroom and Leek Soup just last week as we love it as well. I made the Chocolate Raspberry Celebration Cake for Book Club on Thursday but was rather disappointed with it. I shall tell you more about that later. I am just about ready to pop the Scalloped Potatoes in the oven for dinner this evening and will let you know what we think. Lots more to try, and many of yesteryear on the shelf yet untried! The Milk Calendar was a topic of discussion at the gym this weekend...many share in your enthusiasm it seems!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh they all sound heavenly but right this second the Mushroom and Leek soup sounds like something I NEED for supper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That mushroom and leek soup looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FYI
    The scalloped potatoes are very tasty. I would recommend giving that recipe a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen, I will try them tomorrow. I never have very good success with scalloped potatoes, so hopefully this one will solve my problems. Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Leslie, you certainly would have had success if I had been at table. I haven't met a scalloped potato I didn't like...oh wait...yes I did...someone made some which tasted like paste. And to think I LIKED paste at school. Oh well, I guess tastes change.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love love scalloped potatoes!
    made some last week, with a new potato. It is called "yellow flesh", not to be confused with the yukon gold variety....they were very creamy, indeed! I also mashed them, and they were equally delicious!
    I got them at Michael- Angelos...for all you local gals... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's Tuesday and work lets out at 2:30 to begin our (American) Thanksgiving. (Leslie we will miss you this year.)

    As always your post is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - those look like some great recipes (photos, too). Some real comfort food there.

    David

    ReplyDelete