Monday, November 28, 2011

A Sunday afternoon at the Ballet


I was in total heaven yesterday afternoon at the ballet. This production of Romeo and Juliet was utterly spectacular. I was a bit worried when I heard that the director of the ballet had given two of the younger dancers in the company the leading roles. We were so entranced, they did not disappoint. After all, Juliet was only 14 at the time of the story and these "youngsters" made it all the more believable. It is extremely difficult, at the best of performances to get Toronto audiences to their feet for ovations. Everyone was on their feet after this one..the longest I've ever seen!



This happens to be some of my favourite ballet music.
"Romeo and Juliet, Op. 64: No. 13. Dance of the knights"


Photo Credit: National Ballet of Canada

3 comments:

  1. so glad you enjoyed yourself!
    it has been a long haul, and you deserved it! I can tell, you are feeling better... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. What a wonderful way to spend a (holiday) weekend. It makes me happy to know you were there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the ballet! I really enjoyed the video. My secret desire was to be a ballerina, yes, it is true. Too bad I got a bit tall!
    As Linda says, you must be feeling more like yourself as you are out and about more now. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete