Sunday, December 4, 2011

Everything old is new again

Yesterday I was looking for a few supposedly newly released Somerset magazines, which have not hit my newsstand yet. The overwhelming theme in all the other books were either vintage fabric or mixed media fashioned holiday ornaments. I remembered that I had this Vogue pattern from years ago that I figured I could find and resurrect.


After a bit of Christmas clear-up and decorating, it will be nice to get back to a small bit of embroidery. I've been inspired by Pam Garrison's work of late. She will be in LA at the French General in January.

I'll be there in February....wonder who will be around then?

2 comments:

  1. I completed those exact designs many years ago and they still find a place on our tree each year. I always loved embroidery. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll tell you which artist will be in LA in Feb. YOU!! I looked at the French General art on the one page you show and you are very able to create similar lovelies.

    Do you know my word is 'buryl' (sic)

    ReplyDelete