Thursday, December 15, 2011

Jane does it again

I actually have this book, circa 1980 something.


Jane is a decade older than I. I used to like to think that someday I could look like her, including lengthening my legs. We actually wore those outfits!


I saw an interview of Jane with Piers Morgan the other evening, and she still looks pretty great. My legs still have not lengthened.


Now Jane has come out with a new exercise video aimed at "Seniors". I'm always happy to participate in Seniors discounts, so I guess I'll go for this one too. I have just had an ALL CLEAR report today from the Dr. I've had pneumonia for 4 months and now must reinvent myself...slooooowly back into the workout regime. Just in the nick of time, Jane does it again.



When I reviewed the video, it looks a lot like Devon's 10 a.m. fitness class that I used to attend. I love the dance aspect of exercise, so I hope my spot will still be available in the New Year. Something to really look forward to...back to normal!

The meditation part at the end of the video is so totally "Jane"...I'll have to find one of those little pyramids, AND, it would seem she never did succeed in blowing out that candle :)

9 comments:

  1. We saw her at LAX in the summer, running up the stairs, not taking the escalator like the rest of us. She looked so tiny in her jeans, they must have been less than a size 0. She looked damn good!
    Lauren A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Lauren, that was me you saw. Sorry I didn't recognize you. OH wait, I don't know you.

    Leslie we are still cheering in DC about your health report. Whew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank goodness you are well!!! I know that has been playing on your mind. Don't you just love the "leg warmers"...I have to say, I think I had a pair! We were just saying how Janes face was so tight...like a drum....oh well, just jealous I guess. I certainly won't look like her when I am in my 70's....YIKES!!! Did I just say "my 70's"???
    I am getting old.......
    hopefully, back to fitness soon...for both of us..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never before noticed that Jane Fonda was a decade older than us. I always thought she was a contemporary. Since the 60's when we protested against the War and for Civil Rights, I've always thought of her as one of us.
    I hope I look that good in 10 years. Yikes, I need hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooops. Forgot to mention how happy I am that you've been given the all clear! That's great news. See you at the gym!
    Lauren A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw her in real life when she was younger and she was stunning. I did hear after that she has had a fair bit of plastic surgery. Mind you, even with that I would look anything like her!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear you have gotten the all clear. Look forward to seeing you at the gym.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Finally all cleared to return to the fold! You spot is waiting for you.
    Gigi will be thrilled to have you back, teehee.
    Jane's little video is alot like what we fitness instructors do, only done to a much slower tempo. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Leslie, I'm glad you're feeling better. I like Jane Fonda, she always seems to reinvent herself and doing a new Fitness tape is no different.

    ReplyDelete