Monday, December 12, 2011

Tis the Season

December 12. Okay, now it's time to get serious about everyone arriving.

I was amused to see that even the New York Times had an article entitled "Scrub The Halls" Cleaning before Christmas with everyone arriving home.

In a previous post, I was swagging the halls, The Professor thought I should be "decking" them...I'll tell you who will be decked AND scrubbing! :)


P.S. The New York Times is my home page, so I hope this link works. I've been having trouble with tricky links this past while.

Photo Credit: NYTimes

7 comments:

  1. I'd read that article and found it really interesting. Glad to see you post it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I thought she was vomiting in the toilet and you were going to blog about over indulging in everything from food to drink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, I have to agree with Devon! I understand the concept of getting "close to your work" - however, I don't typically stick my head practically all the way in the toilet when cleaning. I may not be fastidious enough in that way.
    David

    ReplyDelete
  4. when I first looked, I thought the same thing as Devon...but I didn't comment...now I am free to agree! I like a clean toilet, but not to this extent!
    happy house cleaning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure the NYT chose the picture for that very reason. It is provocative. Here we think YUCK, Nasty and then the article is about fastidious behavior (to a yuck, nasty extent.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure the picture is what made me look into the article. How clever of them. One other picture in the story had someone removing their toilet seat and using Q-tips to get into all the little nooks and crannies. I recall a certain someone in Princeton using Q-tips for cleaning ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's certainly why I read it!! I remember the Q-tips and I remember the toaster oven. Of course you know I still use them for the fridge!!

    ReplyDelete