Friday, February 10, 2012

Friday Night Viewing

If you are a fan of genealogy, you won't want to miss this season of "Who Do You Think You Are". Tonight at 8 p.m. on NBC.



The Professor has done an exhaustive search on both sides of our families.

To paraphrase my response to his post:

"Up until now, I've managed to keep my own counsel on these Mormon posts. I must say that his genealogical work on my ancestors is scholarly and very impressive. I know what an arduous task it has been ensuring historical accuracy. For that "we" are all grateful. I'm not totally thrilled to be linked in any way shape or form with "Mitt". It is, however, fascinating to think of people making a voyage from Glasgow to Utah.

I wish my Father was alive to know of this story, he only got as far as knowing that "his people" arrived on the Prompt.

Thanks for making the rest of the trek a source of family folklore." I think I'm more aligned with the folks that just stayed here! Glad to be a black sheep.

I'm just going to add that if I were able to I would definitely be voting for Obama!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads up. I didn't know they were bringing this series back. I quite enjoyed it when it was on before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank for the heads up. I did watch and enjoy last night's show. I would love to get into geneology but know it takes time and would be another addiction for me

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom has been working hard on her family's geneology for years. It's obsessive :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just realized that I forgot to add my name to the first comment. I wish we had access to the resources these celebrities seem to have. It would make searching for information so much easier. ;)

    ReplyDelete