Friday, February 3, 2012

On the Blink

I'm not exactly sure what happened today but everything was "on the blink". Is that yet another Ottawa Valley aphorism??

The dashboard of my car has been "blinking" .....oil filter, oil change, tires... One can turn these alerts off, but I decided today was the day to hike to Burlington and have it attended to.

I've actually been "blinking" myself of late. Need another eye glass appointment. To heck with "progressive" lenses. I want two pairs of glasses. One pair for driving and one pair for reading. I like large surfaces for both endeavors and I'm already used to people pointing out that I have a pair of glasses on my head and another on my face. Catherine the Great has made me blind.

My sewing machine is "on the blink". It won't reverse. It will go for a tune-up tomorrow.

My knitting is "on the blink". I am going to take a little lesson in the proper construction of the sweater AND how to pick up and knit borders.

My blog has been "on the blink" all day and I thought I was going to have to reconstruct, due to blogger's "blinking" new template idea. After much hair pulling, wailing and gnashing of teeth on behalf of both The Professor and I, it has all just been righted.

It is very late, and I'm blinking as I write this. I hope tomorrow will be a better day.

2 comments:

  1. get 40 "winks" and it will all be over!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you are back!!

    "wink wink nudge nudge"

    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete