Sunday, May 6, 2012

If it's Tuesday, it's Titanic, Tabard and Textiles

This day I decided to take pictures exclusively with my iPhone. After all the miles and miles of walking I was certainly glad not to be lugging my "big" camera.





Lunch!


a “brewmaster’s castle”








Mansions and elegant row houses from the early 1900s remain, many as single family residences. Others serve as museums, bed and breakfasts, embassies or non-profit organizations.



Antique Fire Call Boxes


Spanish Steps





Named for a scion of the prominent Delaware family, Dupont Circle evolved from a hardscrabble “wilderness” to become Washington’s most fashionable address at the close of the 19th-century.

No wonder I was so tired after this tour. My friend David mapped out this fabulous walking tour for us. We enjoyed such good brisk weather and I can tell you that he is in great shape as a resident of DC who has no car!!! I'm tired just reviewing what we did in one day :)

3 comments:

  1. What a willing victim you were, Leslie and such a good sport! Great photos and commmentary of your visit - only wish I were in 1/2 as good shape as you think! :)

    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh David, Leslie came home nightly singing your praises....her shoes kicked off at the door and herself on the couch barely able to talk. Have you thought of becoming a tour guide??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dana, we left few stones unturned, methinks. Tour guide - well, ya just never know!

    David

    ReplyDelete