Monday, July 30, 2012

Summer Projects

The instructions say that this reversible apron can be made in one hour. Well. This assumes you have washed, dried, and pressed the fabric. Then you cut out the pre-printed pieces only to find that they are not "exactly" the same.....who in the world would have the correct colour of thread to match the rick-rack??? After a trip to Fabricland, where ultimately you find more fabric and add to the stash, I can assure you that this little project takes much more than one hour.


It is, however, very rewarding. I'm keeping the sewing machine up on the dining room table. I would like to think that I can get through quite a few on-the-go projects this way.

7 comments:

  1. Leaving the machine "up" is the key!!
    I have been able to put darts in my shorts and pants...you know , how they stick out at the back of the waist....not any more!!

    Cute apron...now get cookin'!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is cute. I love the picture too. It looks kind of 3D

    Cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delightful little number, and so "serviceable" as Mildred would be quick to point out. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! You have inspired me to get my machine out - tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Which room is the "dining" room?

    Is it the one with all the crafts? Like that really narrows it down!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Careful, Larry! Do you know what a seam ripper is? Leslie has one, and you don't want to get on the wrong end of it!!

    Charming apron, really - yes, isn't that always the way w/these projects?

    David

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see that you are sewing. I am too. It is good to use up some of my fabric. I am trying to use the light fabrics for my trip. I love the apron. It was good to see you today and will touch base after our big holiday.

    ReplyDelete