Thursday, January 31, 2013

"Neither rain, sleet nor snow, the mail must go!"

I'm off to my rather underwhelming-in-the-Shoppers Drug Mart post office this morning. I have to mail an art card to Jane Davies. I wish I could go every morning to Jane's Post Office. In Vermont. When you read the article you will know why. This brings a smile to my face and makes my heart sing.

Look at this one of some now 80 or so replies to Jane:
Reply
DebbieJanuary 30, 2013 at 10:14 AM

What an amazing idea! I would love to participate. Put me down on your list and I'll send the postcard out next week. Flooded...oh I can get my artist to flood your post office! I teach over 180 art students daily so we'll turn this into an art project. If you can send a postcard to the class it would make a huge impact! Perfect community project! I'll tell my art colleagues today and they also teach over 180 students...that will be over 1,500 cards with the 7 of us alone! Fun!
Creatively Yours,
Debbie : )




I only knew about this while flipping through Facebook to which I have to admit to being solely a "lurker". My friend Lennie had this post up and it is in honour of her that I will send "Grace" Lennie's angel postcard.

Lennie's postcards are available on Redbubble
they are wonderful.

So in Lennie's name I will send Jane Davies "Grace".
Hope it saves the Post Office!


Thanks Lenore


1 comment:

  1. Leslie

    This is not my Grace from Savannah I will hunt her up and send her to you.

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete