Thursday, April 18, 2013

I should have

I should have gone to the gym.


On Monday, I decided I would not go to the gym. I would spend the time in the garden. I spent three hours and filled 6 garden waste bags. To be honest, it was time. I still had Christmas greenery in the urns out front and the oak leaves in the back just have to be removed. Muscles screaming, as I hobbled back into the house, well pleased and out of leaf bags, I thought....I should have gone to the gym. I would have been done in an hour!


On Tuesday, I decided I would not go to the gym. My muscles were still complaining so I figured I would spend the time baking. I had a litre of buttermilk and the expiry date was getting closer. I made a recipe from Canadian Living...ages old...chocolate chip banana cake.



While I was at it, I whipped up another pan of date squares. Helen's date square recipe. I like it better when Helen makes them. This was in response to several articles I have read recently extolling the virtues of grating frozen butter into mixes that require blending. It was upper body work, not terribly easy, messy, and frustrating.


I should have gone to the gym.

On Wednesday, I decided I would not go to the gym. I would spend the time in the garden, the sun was out yet again, and I had much more work to do with oak leaves before the threatening rain. After a trip to Costco for more leaf bags, I got in a good hour of work before I twisted my ankle, fell on the ground and called it a day.

I should have gone to the gym.


I'm not going to the gym today. I have a dental appointment and my ankle is still angry and swollen.


Just as in these peony buds, hope springs eternal, perhaps I'll go to the gym next week.

8 comments:

  1. yes....you should have...
    and I should have too!!!
    I am signed in for next Tuesday and Wednesday..
    you should too...
    How's the ankle???
    Love the Scillia...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Took me a while to figure out how to get this feature working properly. Now I can reply to each individual comment.

      Yes, I should get to the gym next week. I'll see what I can do.

      The ankle is less sore today, should be resolved by next week. No more excuses:)

      Delete
  2. Well, good on ya, LJM!! Nothing like yardwork to get the blood circulating. Such tasty treats!
    I suggest a trip to the spa, rather than the gym, for a well-deserved massage. Highly beneficial for good health, you know.

    David

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David, I always love your take on things! My heart rate did go up with each unearthed sprout and bud. I do need to find a good massage place. That could be just the ticket.

      Delete
  3. Hopefully I will see you (and Linda) at the gym next week. Remember, I teach the Tuesday and Wednesday morning class (just a little reminder in case you have forgotten!) and would LOVE to see you in the second row on the left! Hope your ankle is okay :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean to kept "my spot" after all this time?! How sweet. Be assured that when I do return to the gym, your classes are my faves. The ankle is coming along and not as sore today. Thanks Devon. Have a good weekend.

      Delete
  4. You made me laugh out loud. I so recognize this. Try hot yoga, fun, albeint very hot! Hope your ankle gets better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turns out the only thing I like about the gym is the coffee afterwards. I miss my gym buddies, Thought I'd do some "honest" work in the garden to compensate. Who knew it could be so dangerous:). I can still hear my mother berating people who went to the gym when cleaning the house and hanging out laundry would be just as active. Turns out that's the truth!

      Delete